Scientific and production association “AVIA”, Ltd., is the long term business partner of Concord XXI in the area of simulator training in Ukraine.
The flight personnel training process in leading-edge helicopter simulators allows to raise the level of crew training to a new level, which will significantly improve flight safety.
Modern technical facilities together with a highly professional instructors and teaching staff allow in a short time to get in-depth knowledge of training materials, acquire strong practical skills in piloting the helicopter and using all its on-board systems, as well as to sharpen skills by performing crew procedures in standard and emergency situations.
The helicopter training complex of Scientific and Production Association “AVIA” in Kremenchug (Ukraine) is equipped with the most advanced technical training aids :
– Two flight simulators with motion system and two cockpit procedures trainers of the helicopter Mi -171 in the civil and military versions;
– Flight simulator and cockpit procedures trainer of the helicopter Mi- 17V ( Mi- 8 MTV ) ;
– 5 classrooms equipped with Computer Based Training System, set of training boards of helicopter functional systems, training mockups of helicopters Mi -171, Mi -17 and Mi -17V -5 units and assemblies.
On the basis of “AVIA” training center, National University of Defense of Ukraine named after Ivan Chernyakhovsky conducts training of pilots and technical staff operating the helicopters Mi-17, Mi-171 and their modifications. Training is conducted in English, Russian and Spanish languages. The certificate of the National University of Defense of Ukraine is issued in the end of the training.
The training is given according to the following approved programs of the integrated course:
– advanced training of Mi-17 (Mi-8MTV) and Mi-171 helicopters pilots;
– type conversion of Mi-8 helicopter pilots to Mi-17 and Mi-171 helicopters;
– type conversion of helicopter pilots to Mi-17 and Mi-171 helicopters;
– type conversion of fixed-wing pilots to Mi-17 and Mi-171 helicopters;
– advanced training of Mi-17 and Mi-171 helicopters flight engineers;
– type conversion of Mi-8 helicopter flight engineers to Mi-17 and Mi-171 helicopters;
– type conversion of helicopter flight engineers to Mi-17 and Mi-171 helicopters;
– type conversion of fixed-wing flight engineers to Mi-17 and Mi-171 helicopters.
During last 8 years more than a thousand military pilots and flight engineers from 15 foreign countries as well as a lot of Ukrainian Armed Forces flight personnel passed through training in “AVIA”, Ltd. training center.
“AVIA”, Ltd. training center employs the latest training devices to give training and practice to flight personnel and ground engineers, namely:
– computer based training system;
– helicopter cockpit procedures trainer;
– helicopter full flight simulator;
– training boards of helicopter functional systems.
Training is given by the experienced teachers and instructor pilots with large experience of Mi-8 type helicopters operation in different conditions and all climatic zones. Lectures are given by the academic staff and specialized video materials are used during the lectures.
The following modern training concepts are used for crew training and practicing in “AVIA”, Ltd. training center:
– LOFT (Line Oriented Flight Training): training in the realistic conditions and in real time;
– CRM (Crew Resource Management): managing crew resource, methods of information exchange and crew members’ interaction.
The large number of classrooms and three training complexes allow simultaneous training of different student groups in several languages and under different training courses.